Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Capitol Building

Before our hike the other day we stopped in front of the Capitol Building to take this picture. This was the first time that I had actually stopped to look at the building, and I was pleased that it was such a beautiful day! Some of you might not know, but Juneau held a design competition for a new Capitol building. Below is the artist's rendering of what the new building will look like. (I took the picture from http://www.archidose.org/Mar05/032805.html)
I haven't lived here for long, but the old Capitol building just feels like Juneau to me. The granite pillars and the worn steps make sense here. This new design with the dome soaring into the sky feels almost too modern. It certainly will change the view of Juneau I have from home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home