Thursday, December 08, 2005

Welcome to AARP?!?

Some of you that know me may know that my birthday is coming up on Monday (no, this post isn't a hint.) This year I'm turning 28 and I keep telling my husband that I'm getting old--but he never believes me (even though I can point out some gray hairs.)
Today when I came home, I found this "Welcome to AARP" letter waiting for me (along with a temporary membership card.) Now my husband can hardly deny that I'm getting old.
I'm wondering how I ended up getting this 22 years early.

Do you think anyone would accept my temporary membership card? Has anyone else out there gotten such a letter way before 50?

3 Comments:

At December 09, 2005, Blogger John said...

I got an invitation about that age. I stuffed back in the return envelop and haven't heard from them since. Maybe the hearing's gone.

 
At December 11, 2005, Blogger Margaret Feinberg said...

Happy pre-birthday! AARP is one of my favorite magazines on the planet. I steal my dad and mom's subscription (with permission)-so sign up and see if they'll send you the free mag :).

 
At December 20, 2005, Blogger Ginnie said...

HA HA, Margaret. It's one of my favorite magazines, too! Their cover-story articles on past-50 celebrities are very, very good, as are the other pieces. Whenever I raise my wine glass to toast another, I say "I love you" because of a lady who said it was what she most missed after her husband died. They had done that every night for years.

Btw, Heather, I have enjoyed your photos for some time now and am adding your blog as a link on mine :) You deserve a pat on the back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home