Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

So Heather may, or may not, have been tagged by Margaret to list 5 guilty pleasures - at least two Heathers comment on her blog, and it wasn't clear if she was talking about my wife. Anyway, here's my list since my Heather is not here:
  1. Driving in the snow - I love sliding around, the crunch of snow under the tires, and the way the roads look, covered in white. However, Heather doesn't like the sliding part...at all. It makes her uncomfortable and nervous so I always feel guilty sliding around even a little when she's riding with me. It's so fun though, I just can't not spin out at least once.
  2. Sweets - in general but mostly the baked and/or chocolate kinds. I'll blame genetics because my Dad is a serious chocoholic.
  3. Children's / Teen Books - Despite my somewhat advanced age, I still enjoy reading children's picture books and have been spotted making quick runs through the young adult section at book stores. There's something about the simplicity of those books that is attractive to me. At least the library will be ready when we have kids.
  4. Showers - I am a bit of a shower hog. It's wasteful on several levels (time, energy, water) but it's not uncommon for me to take 20-30 minute showers.
  5. Last but not least, my wife. It's sometimes troubling to know how utterly happy and comfotable I am with Heather and then realize that many others do not have a relationship like that. I can honestly say we've never had a fight; of the yelling or silent treatment varieties. So the picture for this post is one of many aspects of Heather that continues to captivate me...the girl next door...with an edge. Picture taken as part of our wedding festivities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home