Saturday, March 18, 2006

Really, REALLY cold

"Juneau has mild winters," they said before we came here. Does 2 F sound "mild" to you? This past week has been unbelieveably cold. It's the topic of most conversations--and rightfully so! You can tell where the high tide line is because the water freezes as the tide goes out. Our neighbor kindly reminded us that we should leave a faucet dripping (a couple years ago all of their pipes froze and they had no water.) Unfortunately, the drain for our tub has clearly frozen--it's no longer draining and the cats are enjoying playing in the water. Luckily, the tub is seperate from the shower.
I never thought I would hear myself saying "It's going to feel balmy when it's 32 F out," but that's how I feel right now, and I can't wait for that day!

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2006, Blogger John said...

Amazing how quickly the standards change. I don't wear but a thin jacket between 20 and -10F.

 
At March 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in Juneau once... it was warm... 70. I really loved it. Thanks for your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home